Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Viking Diswasher 2003 model number vud141 The arms

Customer Question

I have a Viking Diswasher 2003 model number vud141
The arms are not turning during wash cycle. Water is only coming threw the bottom arm although there's no spray action. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If there is ample water in the tub, the issue is with the recirculation pressure. If the filter is clean and not restricted and the area under it as well, the wash motor assembly may need to be replaced. Have you checked and cleaned the filter and surrounding area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I checked and cleaned the filters. I see soapy Water coming in through the lower arm but not the top one. Also the tub is not filling.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The water is draining straight out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Can you see if there is water in the base of the machine? It sounds like the flood cycle has started.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No there's no water in the base
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
There is a styrofoam block that should be sitting on the base of the machine. Can you see that and is it sitting on the base or in the up position?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The viking doesnt have the float inside the tub like other models. Where is it and how do I access it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The float is under the tub. That machine is made by Asko. You need to remove the panels from under the door to access the base of the machine. The base is the panel under the motor and other components, under the tub where the dishes are loaded.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I apologize.... but this my first time attempting to fix this type of appliance myself
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The foam is sitting slightly off the base of the diswasher
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Did you gets lower access panel off from below the door? Pour 1/4 cup vegetables oil in tub to break up those suds in the tub.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I did... I posted a pic of what I seen. There is no water in the base and the foam is just slightly elevated.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The photo was of the interior of the machine, where the dishes get loaded. If it is the wrong picture and you did indeed access the base and see the styrofoam block elevated, it needs to be completely on the base or it will actuate the switch for the flood program.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay I attached three pics. One of the inside and 2 under the base. An yes it's slighty elevated. What do I do to reset the flood program? I'm gonna pull it out this weekend to make sure there's not blockage in the water line as well.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The Styrofoam block needs to be sitting all the way down on the base to allow the flood cycle to reset .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ohh okay but how do I get it to sit down? When I push it down with my finger it comes right back u?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Up
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Can you see if there is an issue with the rod it is attached to? It is designed to float up when water is in the base of the machine.