Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 "Kenmore" stove with 4 burners. One of the bur…

Customer Question
I have a 2010 "Kenmore"...
I have a 2010 "Kenmore" stove with 4 burners. One of the burners is not working.
The igniter does not sound at all like the others ones, I smell the gas coming out.
What could be wrong with this burner?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2015
Appliance Technician: MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
The spark module may be bad, the electrode may be dirty or cracked, or the spark is bleeding off a bad ignition wire. So, this is solved by elimination. The easiest thing to do here is move a wire from a working electrode to the non-working one and see if it then lights as that would test 2 of the 3 possibilities in one swoop.