Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool accubake and suddenly neither the bake…

Customer Question
Hi I have a whirlpool...
Hi I have a whirlpool accubake and suddenly neither the bake nor custom broil are working. All 4 top burners are working. I saw a previous respond that you gave where only the bake wasn't working and wondering if I have a different problem. When I turn on the bake or broil I can hear the tick tick , while the tick tick is going on there is flame. Once the tick stops the flame goes out. I hope u can help thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/26/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
This model has a very complex system with a DSI board (direct spark ignition board) which reads the gas valve coils and checks the resistance to make sure everything is good with the valve. This board also serves other functions like sends out the actual spark to light all the burners and cuts out the gas if it doesn’t detect the flame has ignited. If the system is working properly the bake and the broil will click three times when you turn the oven on. If you only hear one or two clicks, you have a bad DSI board or a bad gas valve. There are 3 terminals on the gas valve so you need to check the resistance from the top terminal to the middle terminal, and the middle terminal to the bottom terminal. You should get a reading of approximately 210 ohms. If you don’t get a reading within 10% of that number, you need to replace the valve because even though only one coil may be bad, the DSI board will stop all oven function as soon as it detects there is a problem with one of the coils.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?