Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We just reinstalled a 7 year old U-2175RFS and it worked for

Customer Question

We just reinstalled a 7 year old U-2175RFS and it worked for a few days. Now it won't cool and the controls work intermittantly
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the controls are intermittent, that is likely the cause of the cooling issue as well. The control assembly will probably need to be replaced. Can you please post any additional numbers form the model tag?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A photo is attached
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. The part for that model is available below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the circuit board easily replaced or do I need a tech to do that?
That's an expensive part for an old refer. What are other possibilities for the cause of the problem? We're getting an error code "Er 1" sometimes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
I do believe the control is at fault. It is not real easy to replace, there is a good deal of disassembly required. Given the cost of the part, it may be wise to have it professionally repaired or maybe even look at replacing the whole appliance with a newer, more efficient model.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I'm better off going to a professional or replacing the entire unit what value does this service provide? What would be the value if I replaced the control and discovered that that isn't the cause of the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this the same part? Uline 68104-S Replacement Circuit Board Assembly by Uline Price: $194.69
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
I believe so, yes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and my previous question?