Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bosch dishwasher keeps running at end of cycle. Normally the…

Customer Question
Bosch dishwasher keeps running at...
Bosch dishwasher keeps running at end of cycle. Normally the pump (or some noise) runs for a few seconds at the end of the full cycle, then the machine beeps. Now the pump just keeps running.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Unfortunately it sounds like your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". That impeller that is turning is actually the drain pump continuously running. What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.Also, if you remove all the water in the base pan but the pump just keeps running, your control board must have failed so the main control board would need to be replaced to fix the issue. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?