Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My whirlpool washer, modelwtw4800xq, 2 years old has developed

Customer Question

My whirlpool washer, modelwtw4800xq, 2 years old has developed a severe out of balance condition, with load, for about 8 seconds when starting spin. It is in balance and does not start bouncing with no load. I had a technician look at it but could not find any problems other than suggesting that maybe left over water in the basket causes the condition. Troubleshooting suggestions other than the local dump?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Hi, did the technician try calibrating the washer? These units sometimes needs to be recalibrate. Open the lid and push the tub back stuck to the front panel is the tech sheet. It shows how to activate diagnostic mode and calibrate the washer. Look at page 2 and page 4 to activate diagnostic mode. https://www.servicematters.com/wiring/Tech_Sheet_03292011/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10280489.pdf I'm hoping that will fix the machine. I would suspect an issue with the suspension system and possibly the transmission if calibrating does not work. It's possible the transmission is trying to agitate and spin at the same time? That would cause a issue like this. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you