Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

The ice maker will not empty the cubes into the bin. When I

Customer Question

The ice maker will not empty the cubes into the bin. When I turn the maker off, wait, then on again, it "sounds" like it is trying to function. But it appears to be "stuck" and will not rotate to discharge the ice. I previously changed the filter and the display shows "6" so I know the filter is installed correctly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Try to thaw out the icemaker with a hair dryer in case ice is just jamming the icemaker and preventing it from cycling. If that doesn't resolve the issue, the entire icemaker would need to be replaced so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model. CLICK HERE for icemaker We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, so I need to replace the ice maker. Is there a video on how to remove the current ice maker so I can check on the connector for number of wires before I order its replacement?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Below is a video on how to remove the icemaker. Ignore most of the middle of the video because if you find ice inside the head of the icemaker, you definitely need a new icemaker because a seal has gone out and it's leaking from the body into the head of the icemaker and the problem will come back. CLICK HERE for icemaker video
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This video has nothing to do with replacing the icemaker in my refrigerator. I am very disappointed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean, it is the same icemaker as your refrigerator uses
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it's not. I gave my model and serial numbers in my initial request for assistance. The video is NOT anything like my ice maker. Do you need my model and serial numbers again?
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 2 years ago.
Go to www.repairclinic.com and put in part number AEQ73110205. Does this look like your icemaker? If so it's the one you need.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are correct. This is the part number of the ice maker I need which I found by searching the Internet. I ordered it last Friday. However, I still would like a link to a video showing how to correctly install it.
You Tube has a video of a guy changing one ( also disassembling one , not pertains in your case. Type in LG ice maker and look for the name toedrag , about 4th one down.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, I guess there is no video which shows removal/installation of my particular ice maker. What a shame.
Bye