Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAid Dishwasher Model #KDTE704DSS0 that will…

Customer Question
I have a KitchenAid Dishwasher...
I have a KitchenAid Dishwasher Model #KDTE704DSS0 that will not start. It has been running fine but now when any cycle is selected and the START button is pressed, the front panel lights up and says washing but it never starts. After about 45 seconds the
panel turns off. There is a small amount of water left from the last cycle. Is there an internal fuse in he panel or am I missing something? Thanks, Scott
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
So to start, the only fuse inside this unit will cut power to the entire dishwasher and you'd have no signs of life on the dishwasher if it were bad. That means that you either have a bad touch control panel, bad door latch, or bad control board. Probably the best way to determine if the control panel is bad is just turn the dishwasher off so no lights are illuminated. Press the start button. If the lights on the control panel don't illuminate when you press the start button--the entire touch control panel needs to be replaced because it doesn't recognize that you are pressing the start button. If the touchpad checks good then you're down to the control board or the door latch. You'd need to take the door apart and use a multimeter to test continuity through the door latch switch when you press the latch switch button. If the latch switch has continuity when the button is pressed, you need a new control board---otherwise replace the latch switch. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?