Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have model Maytag MDE5500AYM. Control panel will not shut

Customer Question

Have model Maytag MDE5500AYM. Control panel will not shut off and the dryer will not run. Displays can't be changed. Tried pushing start and off but nothing changes. Unplugged it and display came back on and same results. Will not run and display will not shut off. Beeps when a button is pushed but nothing changes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately this is just a bad display board. If you already tried to unplug the dryer and that didn't reset the electronics, you'll need to order and replace the control board to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the control board you'll need to order for your model number. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?