Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Minke. Have model mfw9800tq0 Getting FHand f9 error

Customer Question

Hi minke. Have model mfw9800tq0
Getting FHand f9 error
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The F9 error means there is a drain issue and the FH issue means that the washer isn't filling up fast enough. Both of these issue have to do with the water level, but they mean opposite things so it sounds like your water level switch isn't reading properly and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the water level switch for your unit. CLICK HERE for switch Other than that make sure that your washer is getting a good water supply and the drain line isn't clogged. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?