Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am trying to self clean my oven. When I get to the end of

Customer Question

I am trying to self clean my oven. When I get to the end of setting it up the close door light is blinking even though the door is closed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately your door switch is just not sending a signal to the oven to tell it that the door is shut even if the door really is shut. So this oven has an odd door switch assembly which is located below the cooktop behind the control panel. Often times the rod or bracket holding the switch get loose and things just need to be re-aligned, but you need to remove the control panel to do that. Parts 20-25 on the diagram in the link below are all part of the door switch so try to make sure the door switch is triggering the switch when the rod is pushed in. If so, then replace the little micro switch. CLICK HERE for diagram We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?