Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The refrigerator evaporator keeps iceing up on my Samsung

Customer Question
refridge. model rf217acpn, I have...
the refrigerator evaporator keeps iceing up on my Samsung refridge. model rf217acpn, I have to defrost about every 2 months
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/24/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
It sounds like your unit is just not defrosting on it's own. Replace your defrost thermistor and sensor at the top of the silver evaporator coils and that should fix the problem if your heater below the silver coils has continuity through it (the heater rarely fails). Below is a link to the sensors you'd need to order and replace. CLICK HERE for sensor CLICK HERE for thermostat We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
I have already done that, it still ices up , I have read that Samsung has had a lot of problems with this issue,even have had a class action law suit file against them, which I don't care about that, I just want to know how to fix this problem, I also heard they have a repair kit for this , is that true
No, what you are talking about is a defrost drain issue where the drain clogs up and freezes over under the evaporator. Is that your real problem and not a defrost problem as you originally mentioned?
drain is not plugged. according to what I have read on the internet , lots of people have had this problem and it sounds like some of them never got there problem solved, thought maybe u have ran into to this situation too
Yes I have run into the issue and yes I have fixed the problem every time by replacing the sensors or the control board if the heating element checks good. So if the heating element has continuity and you're sure you replaced the correct sensors, then you'd need a new main control board.
like I said I have already replace the heater and sensors so now I will try the control board, thank you very much
ok good luck
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
no im all set thank you
OK understood but this question won't close out and you need to rate my service to conclude this conversation or emails and follow-ups will continue to be sent since you haven't completed the service.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc