Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

It is leaking water. We have disconnected the ice maker, shut…

Customer Question
It is leaking water. We...
It is leaking water. We have disconnected the ice maker, shut the water off and still puts small puddles of water under it, and causes the oak floor to turn black. Model#GB9SHKXMQ s.n. ecr33O1O28
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
So the first thing you'll need to do is check to see if there is ice or water on the floor inside the freezer. If so, then your drain line is clogged and you'd need to pull everything out of the freezer and use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out. Remove the back panel inside the freezer and shoot hot water down the drain hole below the silver evaporator coil. Once it's draining again, the problem will be fixed. Now if you don't have ice or water on the floor inside the freezer, you have a common issue on this model where the drain pan below the entire freezer has cracked. There is a long strip which goes behind the compressor and that part cracks due to the heat of the compressor so each time the unit defrosts, some water leaks out of the pan. Below is a link to the pan you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue. CLICK HERE for drain pan We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?