Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a sharp comfort touch window ac. behind the louver…

Customer Question
I have a sharp comfort...

I have a sharp comfort touch window ac. behind the louver grate it looks moldy. how do i take it apart to clean? The manual only tells me how to clean the filer. It is the Air outlet on the indoor side that looks dirty/moldy inside. I'd like to turn off the system, unplug it and clean it all out so there is no mold. otherwise it works fine. Thank you.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/24/2015
Appliance Technician: Rob, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

On most of these the front grille and cover plate is held by screws or clips in each corner.

If this isnt so for your model, please let me have the full model number and ill be glad to check for you

Thanks
Rob