Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG TROMM WM2487 HRM that was throwing an error code OE we have drained it and c

Customer Question

I have an LG TROMM WM2487 HRM that was throwing an error code OE
we have drained it and cleaned the filter and ran it through the rinse and spin option and are getting the same message again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So you are correct that error OE means that the washer isn't draining properly. It sounds like you've checked the drain catch and hoses and they are not clogged, so you need to actually remove the drain pump and see if anything is jammed inside the pump itself. If you find nothing, then the drain pump will need to be replaced. To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. There is one screw down at the filter catch you need to remove as well. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain catch on the left side next to the left side panel. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?