Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE vented range hood (model JV536H2SS) that has the…

Customer Question
I have a GE vented...
I have a GE vented range hood (model JV536H2SS) that has the wires to the light fixtures burned through. Can I just replace the light fixture within this hood, or do I need to replace the whole range hood?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/23/2015
Appliance Technician: Jason, Electrician replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Electrician
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Failed wires to the light fixture in a range hood would not typically be a reason for replacing the entire hood.
What is the replacement part I should order to fix the issue?
Ideally, you should follow the old wire back to the connection point. That way, there are no splices that would need to be contained in a junction box.
I was under the impression you already had the new fixture. Since you don't, it would be best to move your question to the Appliance Category.
I'll put in the request to move it now. It sometimes takes a little time for a question to move to another category, so we appreciate your patience.
Yes, I am trying to get the right replacement part ordered...the wires to both light fixtures are burned though...so I just need the light fixture replaced.
Thank you for the additional information. Since we are waiting for the question to be moved to the Appliance Category, I'll go ahead and opt out. I appreciate the opportunity to help.
Appliance Technician: Mike G, Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G
Mike G, Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Parts for that hood are available by calling 1-***-***-**** or online at
products.geappliances.com
Mike G
Mike G
Mike G, Master Electrician