How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G Your Own Question
Mike G
Mike G, Master Electrician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 7497
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Mike G is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE vented range hood (model JV536H2SS) that has the

Customer Question

I have a GE vented range hood (model JV536H2SS) that has the wires to the light fixtures burned through. Can I just replace the light fixture within this hood, or do I need to replace the whole range hood?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Failed wires to the light fixture in a range hood would not typically be a reason for replacing the entire hood.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the replacement part I should order to fix the issue?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Ideally, you should follow the old wire back to the connection point. That way, there are no splices that would need to be contained in a junction box.
I was under the impression you already had the new fixture. Since you don't, it would be best to move your question to the Appliance Category.
I'll put in the request to move it now. It sometimes takes a little time for a question to move to another category, so we appreciate your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am trying to get the right replacement part ordered...the wires to both light fixtures are burned I just need the light fixture replaced.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. Since we are waiting for the question to be moved to the Appliance Category, I'll go ahead and opt out. I appreciate the opportunity to help.
Expert:  Mike G replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Parts for that hood are available by calling 1-***-***-**** or online at