Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker is making too much ice. Ice bin is on the door.

Customer Question
Ice maker is making too...
Ice maker is making too much ice. Ice bin is on the door. Checked for the
sensor light, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It is not on at all.
Also the bottom hydrator drawer in the refrigerator section is freezing food.
I turned the control down on the meat drawer. Could have gotten changed
as I cleaned the drawer yesterday.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/22/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
The only thing that can cause the icemaker to make too much ice is the emitter boards. This is the board behind the sensor light so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue. CLICK HERE for emitter boards Below is a video that shows you how to replace the emitter boards. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?