How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Medic Your Own Question
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10831
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Medic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE oven/microwave model JKP61G001BG and the thermostat/temperature

Customer Question

I have a GE oven/microwave model JKP61G001BG and the thermostat/temperature probe broke. This means the oven just heats and heats because there is nothing telling the oven that it's reached the right temperature. Can that thermostat be replaced?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I just checked multiple on line parts houses and two local ones and the part is NLA. That means it's no longer available unfortunately. I also checked eBay because they sometimes will have sellers that have old appliance parts. Unfortunately no one has the thermostat for this model. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you