Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Monogram vent light over the stove

Customer Question
we have a monogram vent...
we have a monogram vent light over the stove top all was great my wife decided to change the bulbs and accidentlly put 50 watt instead of 20 I replaced the fuse the fan goes when I turn the lights on it blows the fuse with the old light back in is it possible the light bulb is bad>
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/95oz8-larry.html#re.v/173/#ixzz3dkcmpoHy
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
6/23/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is possible but very unlikely that the bulb is causing the short. It is more likely that the controller has shorted or one of the sockets is bad. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?