Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a two year old GE chest freezer that is not wor

Customer Question
Hi, I have a two...
Hi, I have a two year old GE chest freezer that is not working.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/21/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Do you hear any motors running or is the unit 100% silent?
100% silent.
I am sure the outlet is working.
If the unit is 100% silent, your thermostat has just failed and will need to be replaced. This is the part behind the knob you turn to adjust the temperature of the refrigerator section. Below is a link to the thermostat you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue. CLICK HERE for thermostat We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
I am confused - I already paid, correct?
yes you did why?
so will I get charged more if I call you?
If you want to speak by phone there is an additional charge yes. Otherwise you can just keep replying here if you have more questions.
Are you sure it isn't the compressor or the power cord?
You do need to make sure the freezer is getting power of course. But other than that, yes the compressor is not the issue or else you'd hear it trying to run or you'd hear a motor running or something like that.
How do I tell if the freezer if getting power?
Just plug a lamp or something into the outlet that your freezer is plugged into currently and see if the light turns on.
The light on the freezer is not on and I do not hear the motor running.
just do as I said and if it's getting power then you need a new thermostat. If the outlet is bad, then that is a problem with your house not the freezer obviously.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?