Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

OK back to my Fisher and paykel gel 15 with error code 40

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So it sounds like you already know what this error code means based on what you've already checked but just in case you don't I'll start from the beginning. This is a bowl disengagement fault. You will need to remove the inner tub and make sure that there are no clothes stuck below the inner tub. If that checks good, look at the plastic hub coupling below that inner tub and make sure it's not stripped out. If it looks stripped out or damaged, replace it. If everything looks good, you'll need to replace the RPS sensor which is mounted on the top of your motor because it's not reading the strain on your motor properly giving you this error code 40.To pull the inner basket out, open the lid at a 45 degree angle and just yank the lid straight off. Now there are 2 plastic caps in the front left and right corner. Remove those caps with a knife to expose the screws underneath. Remove the screws and then the top frame will hinge up and backwards. Now you can unclip the plastic splash shield around the top of the tub and remove the center cap down inside the tub on the wash plate. Remove that bolt under the center cap and the inner basket should pull up and out. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?