Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My gz25fsrxyy2 whirlpool refrigerator water dispenser has a…

Customer Question
My gz25fsrxyy2 whirlpool refrigerator water...
My gz25fsrxyy2 whirlpool refrigerator water dispenser has a really reduced flow and there's a weird loud mechanical sound when you use the dispenser..
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/20/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So there are only a few things that would cause this issue, and nothing is frozen because if a water line was frozen no water at all would come through. That being said, you need to check the water pressure coming to the refrigerator itself. Pull the refrigerator out and turn the water off to the refrigerator at your house. Disconnect the water supply line on your house connected to the refrigerator. Stick the water line in a 5 gallon bucket or something like that and turn the water on. Watch it for 15 seconds or so. Do you have really good pressure for all 15 seconds? The pressure should be soo high that you wouldn't really think you can stop it by placing your thumb over the end of the water line. If you're not getting good pressure, then of course you either have a kinked water line somewhere or possibly a faulty valve on your house that supplies the refrigerator with water.Now if you determine that water pressure to the refrigerator is great, then you're down to a faulty electronic water valve that is just getting weak and can't hold open long. Reconnect the water supply line from your house to your refrigerator and turn the water on. Unfortunately there are 2 valves on this refrigerator that you need narrow down which one has failed. Remove the lower back panel on the refrigerator to access the water valves. Look at the valve that your water supply line from your house connects to. Disconnect the plastic water line/lines on the bottom of the valve and put towel underneath the valve. Go to the front of the refrigerator and push the dispenser for 10 seconds or so. If it slows down, replace that valve that you removed the water lines from. If the water doesn't slow down, replace the other valve.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?