Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool washer flashing SUD and going to F35 on…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool washer...
I have a Whirlpool washer flashing SUD and going to
F35 on the diagnostic test.; I have replaced the sensor and controller and the washer still does the same thing.
I have cleaned the drain lines and adjusted the drain line drop into the pvc drain pipe.
After every thing I have done I still get F35 on the diagnostic test.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, what are the part numbers of the parts that have been replaced?Thanks
W10156258 CNTRLELEC
W10415587 W1 switch
Does the error code only come up in diagnostics?
It comes up in both diagnostics and regular operation after flashing SUD for five minutes.
Do you have water inside when it's flashing?
Yes it is filling with water while flashing SUD
How far down the stand pipe is the drain hose?
after cleaning the drain hose it is adjusted into the stand pipe at 10 inches
When the SUD comes up does the drain pump kick on?
Yes the pump comes on and continues to run even after the F35 code flashes
Yes, is water draining at this time and if so how fast?
I shut the washer off by unplugging it
So you don't know if it will drain completely?
All water in the washer fills into a five gallon bucket rather quickly
Yes , the washer drains completely
I'm not following. It fills into a five gallon bucket?
yes, I placed the drain line into a five gallon bucket
about a gallon of water or so
It drains into a five gallon bucket. I see! You've cleaned the pressure switch hose and connection on the back bottom of the outer tub?
no
should I pull the hose and clear it... I did blow back through it
will you call me at(###) ###-####
Was it clear when you blew into it? Yes, take it off and clean it. The air pressure is actually coming from the opposite direction so something could be stuck on the other side. The hose and connections should be clear. Dirt, Grim, and Soap build up in the hose and hose end/connection. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
when the air pressure hose was disconnected from the back of the tub a lot of water drained. the hose is clear and reconnected. anther diagnostic test is complete with a continuing F35 error code
You also tried to run a normal cycle and get the code as well right? What is the complete model number from the sticker on the unit? Thanks
WFW9500TW01
serial number is *****
Stand by please. I'm looking into a few different things. Thanks
The washer is flashing SUD on a normal cycle.. I five minutes the error code F35 will flash as before.When the pressure hose was disconnected from the back of the tub a half gallon of water drained
Thanks. Have you tested the actual steamer assembly yet? Is it grounded out? If not, the CCU is going to be faulty. I'm hoping the steamer is what's shorted. You replaced the steam control board the last thing left is the CCU. The part number is ***** Double check all the connections on that board as well. I've had a couple of these do this. Most of the time the pressure switch or steamer board is what causes this issue. The factory has had us replace wire harness for this issue as well. I've found on the few that went this far that the solder joints on the CCU were broken/cracked and even sometimes burnt.
a diagnostic on the steamer was completed with YES on the panel
How is the steamer tested for grounding out
In a few trouble shooting panels It is reported that capacitors may be in need of replacement. Capacitors are not visible at the controllers.
Do you know anything about the capacitors?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.