Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hey man we have a GE fridge, the model number is *****

Customer Question

hey man we have a GE fridge, the model number is ***** bs the express thaw is still on and we can't figure out why. we pulled the defrost heater and have 22 ohms.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If the express thaw is permanently on, the issue is with the interface control board itself. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes if you haven't tried that already. If the express thaw still won't go away, that interface board needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part which is about $125. CLICK HERE for interface board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?