Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool estate range I just moved into this home and…

Customer Question
My whirlpool estate range...
My whirlpool estate range I just moved into this home and I cannot get the oven to heat.
All of the lights come on but the oven doesn't heat, it's probably me because the burners work. Can you help, it' an Estate Whirlpool Range
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/17/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, this is Dave. Can you look for the model number so I can tell exactly what you have? It should be just inside the door opening or behind the drawer on the frame. Thanks.
This is a rental home, I can only see on number and it didn't state that it is a model # It is: (###) ###-####Rev.B. I did look up the Oven Panel that I can't work online, do you want that model #, there is a picture of it and it's just like this one.
Yes, that will help because the number you gave is just a part number.
Number of the oven part : (###) ###-####EZ 176 EP BLK Estate
Thanks, ***** ***** a model number that will be close enough to be able to help you. Do you see the letters LOC on the display anywhere?
Maybe, it has a picture of: a tiny lock and this : & sec Makes no sense to me.
Will it let you enter a temperature? If so what happens when you press start?
I can enter a temp, then it switches to some other numbers. It also has a clock which I can't set and a timer that I don't have a clue to.
This is starting to sound like a control problem but let's try a few more things. Here is how to set the clock.
To Set:
Before setting, make sure the oven and Timer are off.
1. Press CLOCK.
2. Press the TEMP/TIME “up” or “down” arrow pad to set the time of day.
3. Press START/ENTER or CLOCK
I got there but have no clue if it is am or pm that it's set on.
It is a 12 hour clock and won't show AM or PM. Now let's see it the control is locked. If it is not locked this will lock it and the same procedure will unlock it again.
To Lock/Unlock Control: Before locking, make sure the oven and Timer are off. Touch and hold START/ENTER for 5 seconds.
A single tone will sound, and “LOC” and “LOCK’D” (on some models) will appear on the display. “LOC” will also appear
whenever any command pad is pressed while the control is locked.
I did and I got the Loc . Next please.
Okay, that means it was not locked so you can repeat to remove the lock. If the control will not allow a back or broil function it has a bad double line break relay in the control. Based on the part number of the control you gave me a model number that will be at least close to what you have is TES326RD2. You need to replace the control. Sorry for the bad news.
Dave
The Oven actually comes on , however, broil does not come on. Anyway I agree, it needs work. Thanks.
Right, if the control sets but you get no broil or bake it is the DLB relay in the control. Some control will change the set temperature to actual after you press start. Best wishes to you.
Not that it will help much until the control is replaced but here is a link to a owners manual for a model that is at least similar to what you have.