Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Kenmore elite 790.99123409 and when I plug it in it

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore elite 790.99123409 and when I plug it in it has no power the outlet is fine I have another stove plugged in there and it's working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, that means one of two things. Either the power cord where it connects to the range on the back is shorted or the board is bad. Slide the oven forward and unplug it. Remove the small access panel where the cord connects and check the connections. If the connections look good, the board is bad and needs to be replaced.
If you're handy, you can make this repair. You will need to slide the oven forward and remove the back panel. The board is held in place with four small screws and the wire connections are all plug and play. It's actually a very straight forward repair.
The part number you need is###-##-#### ***** can get it from any local appliance parts house or sears parts.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you