Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I replaced a HDX FMG-1 water filter with a GE MWF water filter…

Customer Question
I replaced a HDX FMG-1...
I replaced a HDX FMG-1 water filter with a GE MWF water filter on my GE refrigerator and the filter is leaking about a 1/4 cup of water a week. I checked the filter to ensure it was properly and completely installed. It was and continues to leak. When the filter is removed, there is no leak visible but I have not left the filter out for an extended period of time. I have noted that on the HDX filter there was an o-ring seal and on the MWF there is no o-ring seal or a groove for one.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/16/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
The O-rings are built inside the center hole of the filter and filter receptacle on the refrigerator itself. If the unit stops leaking when you remove the filter, return the filter and get a new filter because it came faulty.