Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My maytag epic z washer appears to be locked up mid cycle.

Customer Question
Shows anF- code. Water in...
My maytag epic z washer appears to be locked up mid cycle. Shows anF- code. Water in it. Will not do anything
I unplugged it for 1 hour and no change
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/16/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, this is Dave. What is the full code? The model number would help but with the door locked I know you may not have that.
F-21
I don't have model #
Thanks, ***** ***** a draining problem code so what you hear is likely the drain pump humming. You will need to remove the lower panel and unscrew the filter from the pump assembly to remove what is stuck in there. I will look for a video that will help you. Just a sec.
Here you go. The first video shows clearing the pump but not how to get to it. The second one shows how to get to it. Let me know what is in there. Dave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVxAR-GqO7Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTawgO1qKu0
I thought we were looking for a plugged filter?
Correct. There is a filter down in the front to protect the pump. The first video starts out showing cleaning the filter. When you open the front of the filter housing all the water will come out so be prepared.
This is not working
Are you not able to get the front panel off the washer?
No
The screws are way down near the floor. If you have help you can pull it out a few inches and tilt it back and put a board etc. under to prop it up. You will be able to see the screws easier.
Screws will not move. Video showed replacing pump I thought we were clearing a filter?
Yes, all you need to do it unscrew the front of the housing and clean out what is in the filter. Replacing the pump is only needed if it is damaged or had something inside you can't get out. The best tool for removing the screws is a 1/4" nut driver or socket. Is that what you are using?
Nut driver
Got screws out panel won't budge
You need to pull it down a little first. Did you get all three screws out?
How are you doing with the panel?
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave