Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile Refrigerator with freezer on bottom. Icemaker

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Refrigerator with freezer on bottom. Icemaker quit working. There was ice in tray when it quit so I didn't think it was a water problem. I replaced icemaker (WR30X10087) and after 24 hrs. still not making ice. Yes the power switch is on. Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A couple of more things. Everything in the freezer is freezing solid, as was the ice in the icemaker when it quit, so it's not a temp problem. Also there was no green light on either the old and new icemaker when holding the door close switch.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If no green light, then the ice maker is not getting power. I would be suspicious of the door switch first. Does the evaporator fan motor work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thx Kelly. I believe the fan is working, both freezer and refrigerator sections are at proper temp, and fan--or something that sounds similar--kicks in when freezer door is open for more than a moment. Freezer light is going on and off with manual activation of door switch. It's a GE model PFCS1NJSCSS
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
So the door switch is working, thank you. That would leave the ice maker connection pins and wiring as suspect. The power comes directly from line voltage through no other components, so I would get a look at the wiring and connectors.