Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Does the Maytag maxima have a reset switch in event of power…

Customer Question
Does the Maytag maxima have...
Does the Maytag maxima have a reset switch in event of power surges? We had a surge yesterday and the washer will not turn on. Power to the washer has been confirmed. if there is no surge protector what is the extent of the damage?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/16/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
There is no reset button I'm sorry to say on a Maxima washer. There is a noise filter which protects the washer from surges which is mounted to the back of the washer under the top panel. Pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can follow the power cord in through the washer to the noise filter. If the washer isn't getting any power it sounds like this part needs to be replaced. If you have a multimeter you can verify by plugging the washer in and testing power to make sure you have 120 volts going into the noise filter and out of the noise filter. If you don't have 120 volts going out, the noise filter is definitely bad. If you do have 120 volts going out, your main control board shorted. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?