Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

How do I drain a fridge watertank so I can store it in freezing temps? Electrolux Model #

Customer Question

EI26SS55GW5
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, you want to drain the water tank correct?
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes -
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i do...need to store it in a freeze condition for some time......
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what do you need to know?????????????
You will need to cut the tank out. You can then use a john guest fitting to connect the lines. It's super simple. Plug and play. You can get them from the link below.
http://www.johnguest.com/
The tank is behind the drawers. It's actually a bunch of line coiled up. It's number 97 in the link below.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/electrolux-refrigerator-parts/model-ei26ss55gw5/1412/0165000/R1005160/00004.html
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you