Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Good Morning, I have at home a Maytag Microwave Oven model…

Customer Question
Good Morning, I have at home...
Good Morning,
I have at home a Maytag Microwave Oven model MMV4203DS00, Serial # ***** for the last 3 years.
Since we have being traveling for a long time, it has worked very little in the last 1 1/2 years.
When we came back from our long trip, we try to use it and it is not starting. A few seconds after it is connected to the electricity, it shows on the screen a ----SE---- code and lock everything.
Could you help me to solve this problem?
Thanks
FTC
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/15/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
So error -SE- is a very straight forward error and it means that your touch control panel has an internal short. To be clear, the display board itself is not the problem--that is a separate part. You'll need to order and replace the touch control panel which is rather expensive at about $180 if you wanted to fix the issue. There is only a 1 year warranty on this part unfortunately so I don't think Maytag will help you with the repair even if very little use was done on it. You're more than welcome to call them, but Whirlpool (who owns Maytag) is very strict about their warranty times. Below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order for your model to fix the issue. CLICK HERE for touchpad I'm very sorry about the bad news today. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?