Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag washer, top loading, that has started leaking.

Customer Question
Bought in 2007 and has...
I have a Maytag washer, top loading, that has started leaking. Bought in 2007 and has been well used, but still in good shape and does a great job cleaning the clothes. Any idea why it is leaking? Is it worth call a repair person?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/14/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thanks for your question.
What is the complete model number off the unit?
I cannot find a model number. Where is it located?
It should be on the frame when you open the lid or on the top back edge of the console.
Got it..MTW5840TWO
On that unit typically it will only leak from two places. Either the pump which is directly in the front lower middle of the unit will leak a small trail of water out of the unit....or something will get in the drain hose and pierce it or it can rub through, that will. cause a lot of water though to leak right away. Here is a link to a video so you can take it apart and check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puq8jWMY9Iw
All I ask is please rate my service and tips are appreciated thanks!
Probably the pump since it is to the left of the washer and not a lot of water. Is it worth fixing considering the age, price of pump and cost of repair person? You best advice please.
yes for sure the pump is only $30+ and that machine is built better than anything out there.