Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We just bought a home with a Viking range and vipr161ss downdraft

Customer Question

We just bought a home with a Viking range and vipr161ss downdraft ventilator. The ventilator filter light is red, the other lights green. Pressing the on off button does nothing. We've unplugged and plugged it in several times and still nothing works. Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Press and hold the filter button to reset the filter counter. That light comes on every 30 hours to remind you to replace the filter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried that and it didn't do anything. I tried holding it for 2, 5 and 30 seconds. The lights didn't change colors, nothing at all!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also forgot to mention that it won't go up or down either.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
I believe the touch control is faulty. I can send you the service manual if you think it is something you want to attempt to repair.