Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My portable ac won't respond to the remote. remote changed…

Customer Question
my portable ac won't respond...
my portable ac won't respond to the remote. remote changed for new. so its not the remote it must be the receiver on the unit itself
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
how do I fix this problem. it only works when i manually press the power button on the unit it self. the only way to change the functions of the unit is with the remote control!
Answered in 1 day by:
6/15/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, you will need to take the unit apart and check the connections on the control board. If the connections are snug, replace the board because it's shorted.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you