Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our over the range Frigidaire micro wave turntable started

Customer Question

Our over the range Frigidaire micro wave turntable started a rumbling noise. If I take the glass tray out and put a smaller microwave plate on roller assembly the rumbling noise goes away. I checked rollers and all appear to be in good shape and turn easily. What would be causing the noise.
Thank You.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Usually the rumbling noise is just the turntable support going bad whether it's warped or the wheels don't want to turn properly or whatnot so that is the part I'd replace first. If the noise continues, the turntable motor below the microwave would need to be replaced.