Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I remove the screws, to replace the handle on: GE spacemakerXL

Customer Question

How do I remove the screws, to replace the handle on: GE spacemakerXL microwave. Model JVM1320 BB 001?
'the old handle broke off flush with the door face. When i turn the screws, the handle stubs turn and I can't get hold of them.
I do have a new handle thanks to a suggestion from your parts department.
Thanks
Ron Johnson
1-***-***-****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.If you're handy, this is definitely something you can replace yourself. To replace the handle, you'll need to take the door apart. The inner plastic choke will need to be pried off so that you can separate the door skin from the door frame. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the microwave door apart. Don't be confused by the fact that the microwave in the video is a Whirlpool and your unit is GE. The process is still the same. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?