Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Robert, I am Kenneth. I have an LG Model WM3470HVA that

Customer Question

Hello Robert, I am Kenneth. I have an LG Model WM3470HVA that doesn't start unless I unplug it from the wall for 10 seconds then plug it back in and then hit start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
This is a fairly common issue with these front load LG washers. The problem is that the main control board behind the tub in the back left corner won't reset like it's supposed to without unplugging it and allowing the power to bleed out. You'll need to order and replace this control board to resolve this issue if you wanted to fix the problem so below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for control board To access the part, just pull the washer forward and unplug the washer. Remove the 2 screws coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can access and replace the control board mounted to the back panel in the far back left corner. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?