Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Kenmore Elite Catalyst Top Loading Washing Machine.

Customer Question
Model #110.22042100. We were on...
We have a Kenmore Elite Catalyst Top Loading Washing Machine. Model #110.22042100. We were on vacation 10 days, came back and absolutely nothing would display on the touch panel. checked breaker, O.K. Tested voltage 120V O.K. Finally panel lit up and we did one load of washing and then panel quit working again. Still can't get anything to display. What suggestions do you have?
Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/11/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Let`s unplug the unit for 5 minutes and plug it back in to see if it will then give a display and work.
If it does ,when you unplug the unit for the 5 minutes that drains the control board memory ,which means the control board is the issue.
Now the bad news is that the main control board(###) ###-####is no longer available from the manufacture.
So lets first see if powering the unit off or unplugging or even turning the circuit breaker off will allow it to reset.
I had previously unplugged the unit but I am trying it now for 5 minutes. I will let you know.
I plugged it in after 5 minutes and it still does not work. What's next?
Do you have a Volt -Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do voltage tests on the control board.
I have a volt meter but I don't have access to the control board. I think I need to call a repairman. Please let me know how to terminate this process and how much you are charging me. I am a little confused regarding the monthly options.
Are you still there and did you receive my last message?
I as an appliance expert have nothing to do with money .
I just answer your questions . for money issue you will have to contact the just Answer Admin office .
To access the control board is very easy just pull the unit out away from the wall and pop off the end caps on the console under each end cap is a screw once the screws are removed the console will flip up and back similar to a car hood .
And the control board is right there in plain site .
On the P5 connector test for voltage on the P5-1 Black lead to the P5-2 White lead looking for 120 volts a/C
If you have voltage there but no operation or display the issue is the control board , which again is no longer available from the manufacture.
Yes Im here I had to pull up a service manual to be able to tell you where to test on the control board.
I am through. I don't feel that we got anywhere after an hour and I am not in position to do the things you are talking about.
ok that is fine ,if you feel you can not do the voltage testing ,then you will need to call a service company out .
good luck! I have answered your questions and even offered diagnostics to verify the issue.