John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The seal on my refrigerator is splitting and must have an effect

Customer Question

The seal on my refrigerator is splitting and must have an effect on the cooling of the refrigerator. The appliance is only 14 months old and I feel that this should not happen. I purchased this item because it was made in America and thought that it would be properly made. I do not want to be told that I need an extended warranty as it is a little late to do this and surely your products are better made that they only last one year.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dave. Your refrigerator has the same gaskets as mine that is four years old and I can't say I ever saw any split on other ones like this. The gasket attaches by getting pushed into a groove in the door liner. Is the gasket pulling out of the groove or is it really split? Can you take a picture and attach because this is very unusual?