Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a FGHD2433kf dishwasher that doesn't drain complete…

Customer Question
I have a FGHD2433kf dishwasher...
I have a FGHD2433kf dishwasher that doesn't drain completely
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
So this should be a fairly easy issue to track down since the dishwasher has already been pulled out. You're replacing the drain hose anyways for a pinhole leak so that will ensure it's not clogged. You'll want to remove the drain pump and check for glass or anything else inside the pump itself that might be blocking the impeller from moving. If you find nothing, then re-install the drain pump and if you have a multimeter test voltage down to the drain pump when the dishwasher should be draining. If you have 110 volts and the dishwasher wont drain into a 5 gallon bucket, replace the drain pump. If you don't get 110 volts, replace the main control board because it's not sending power to the drain pump. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Should I look at the check ball?
No, that has nothing to do with draining, just washing and circulating the water to the upper or lower arm.
The dishwasher drains ok there is about a glass full left
That's normal. It won't drain everything out or else the seals and pumps would dry rot and crack or seize up. As long as you can't see the water with the filter installed, it's draining properly.
The issue is the if the washer sits for 3 or 4 days it starts to smell
That's just a downside of these new dishwasher but there are things you can do to help with the odor. First, run a cycle with a product called Dishwasher Magic which you can get at Lowes. If you run the cycle with a bottle of this stuff, the dishwasher will be completely cleaned out. Second, don't click the door shut completely as that creates a humid environment and once mildew starts forming the odor will intensify and build up creating a garbage smell. Just leave the door resting shut, but not actually clicked shut. If you do those 2 things, that is as good as it gets but it will be a lot better than the current odor you're experiencing.
Ok I will try that. That will be a lot cheaper than replacing the pump
Yes it will, but replacing a pump would never fix this particular issue.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
I finally got the dishawsher back in and now it will run continually. I set for the short cycle and it starts out at 50 min. then goes to 48 for approx. 2 minutes and then goes to 99+. I stopped it, shut the power off for 1 minute and the same thing happens. Suggestions on wht to do next?
That's a completely different issue and you didn't rate me for fixing the drain issue so you will need to start a new question and pay again for a different issue.
forget it
Alight well good luck, it's only fair as I have already given you my time to fix one issue which you did not rate me for and now are asking about a new issue.