Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Bosch Axxis One washer. Brand, spanking new.

Customer Question
Hi, Have a Bosch...
Hi, Have a Bosch Axxis One washer. Brand, spanking new. Water is running into the machine when it's set to off, and during the last wash cycle, soapy water collected in the fabric softener dispenser. Why, I ask. Why. This is a brand new machine.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/11/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the pressure from your home's water supply is low, it can cause the water valve to not seal properly. If the pressure is good, you will likely need to have the inlet valve replaced under warranty. How is your water pressure? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Wae20060uc
Thank you. Does it run a cycle fine but just fill when it is off?
Pressure is good. I can still wash, but overnight and during the day water got in there. Then during the wash cycle, water got into the fabric softener holder and wouldn't drain out. It was very soapy smelling water. We reached behind there and turned the water DOWN a bit and that worked. No water in the drum in the morning. Kelly, when I say there was water in the drum, it was FULL. I opened the door to put in some wash because I didn't see the water because it FILLED to the top of the drum. Scary. Today, no problem. But still this morning water filled in to the fabric softener thingie
I would call to have the valves replaced under warranty. If the door pops open from the pressure of a full tub, you are going to have a real mess! The drain hoes is not sealed in the pipe is it, air allowed to get around it?
Yes, air can get in, but it was pretty far in there, so we pulled it out a bit last night.I already HAD a mess when I opened the door. It was a bit like a cartoon when water just comes pouring out. We just remodeled our bathroom and the last thing I need is for the tiles to get messed up...
Was the drain hose down into the area where there would be water in the P trap?
No. It's a pretty tall drain
Hmm, and the end of the drain hose was not wet on the outside? Does that drain allow the water to drain fast without filling up?
Oh yes
Okay, it sure sounds like the water inlet valves got held open for some reason. I would request they be replaced under warranty.
I think I'll do that. We already looked online and it looks as thought we can buy them and install them fairly easily. Otherwise I'll call the ONLY guy who repairs Bosch machines. Why, though, wouldn't they leak anymore by us turning the water down to half?
If the pressure is way high, it could cause issues, too. However, if it was that high, you would have issues elsewhere. It may have been something in the valve that was flushed through, too. Either way, I would definitely have it recorded on the warranty service records that it was an issue. Water problems can be very nasty and VERY EXPENSIVE. Make sure you keep a copy of all the service records under warranty!
I will. When you remodel a bathroom/laundry room for 14K you want it to stay looking new for a while...Thank you for your help.
Definitely! That and the kitchen are the two most expensive remodeling projects! I would turn the valves off when not in use...just in case. Thank you.
It's hard to get to, it's sort of in a cabinet - type corner. Should have thought of that. I can get to it by leaning over the dryer which is stacked on top. It's not pretty. I'll have it looked at just to be on the safe side. Thanks!!
I understand, hopefully no messes. Take care.
You too.
Thank you.