Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have replaced the ice maker and both the sensor boards.

Customer Question
The light does not blink...
I have replaced the ice maker and both the sensor boards. The light does not blink but still no ice. When I simulate the door being closed the red light goes out
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
I would appreciate the help tonight. I am not available the rest of the week to work on this. I dedicated my evening g to get this done.
6/11/2015
Appliance Technician: Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** iam happy to help you with your question today..there are only a few things this could be ,did you check for a frozen water inlet tube ? if it is clear then your water valve is faulty..if the icemaker fingers are turning ,at a certain point it will ebnergize the water valve at the rear for 8-10 secs to fill the icemaker mold..it has to be either frozen water line or watervalve seeing as you changed the only other two things that could be the issue already..if you have model i can look up part number
icemaker needs to get water to fill itself the water valve is part of the icemaker procedure ,,no water no ice ..
Can we talk. I'm not sure I'm explaining it correctly
sorry im not available for phoneservice right now , i can opt out and see if anybody else available?
The icemakers new, the boards are new, the red light sensor does not blink, but when i The icemakers new, the boards are new, the red light sensor does not blink, plug the icemaker in it does not turn. I've tried a jumper wire and still cannot get it to turn. I've tried a jumper wire and still cannot get it to turn. Also when I simulate the door being closed the red light goes out. Is that supposed to happen? Separate issue the water is now leaking where we fill up our glass. If I replace the pump do you think the icemaker will start to turn or is that a separate issue?
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thanks for your question.
I am a different tech,
You can replace the fill valve for the leaking issue. To power the icemaker up you need to unplug the unit for 15 seconds. Plug it back in and then open and close the freezer door wait 5-10 seconds and open the freezer door and the icemaker should have power to it. So if you have the jumper in the T and H holes the icemaker should be turning.
All I ask is please rate my service thanks
I tried all that it still doesn't turn
Unplug the unit for 1 full minute then to discharge all the capacitors and try the procedure again. Also it is very common not to have the wire harness seated all the way into the icemaker so grab the harness and push it hard into the module on the icemaker as you likely have it out with a jumper in it since you can not have it mounted with one and the harness easily slips back and bends the lock tab without noticing it.
Any chance we can talk
I am not available for calls at this time sorry.
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician