The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

My dryer is working it just won't get hot. And I was trying

Customer Question

My dryer is working it just won't get hot. And I was trying to find out where the fuse goes on the dryer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
The thermal fuse is not going to be the problem. If it were blown the unit would not run.
The problem is the heating element. The part number is(###) ###-####
Please copy and past the URL below to your browsers address line to view a video that will show you how to replace it. It is a fairly simple repair and only requires a few basic hand tools and a little bit of determination. On a 1 - 10 difficulty scale it is about a 4 1/2.
http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/h2s3vhrirw?controlsVisibleOnLoad=true&plugin%5Bsocialbar-v1%5D%5Bbuttons%5D=email-twitter-googlePlus-facebook&version=v1&videoHeight=237&videoWidth=422&volumeControl=true&autoPlay=true