Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool WTW5200VQ2 and it makes a loud banging noise…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool WTW5200VQ2...
I have a Whirlpool WTW5200VQ2 and it makes a loud banging noise while at the end of the spin cycle. While looking at it and when I rotate the drum I feel a click about every 1/2 turn and it feels like it is coming from the agitator area?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/10/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
It sounds like possibly the drive block has gotten loose and isn't holding the inner basket properly anymore or your transmission has failed and would need to be replaced. Below is a video on how to take the washer apart to check the drive block. If the block looks un-damaged and the basket is connected securely to the block, then you would need to have the transmission replaced and that's about $200 for the part. CLICK HERE for drive block video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
what about bearings, when searching other sites it says to check this first. Also when looking this up it says only suspect transmission if it is not spinning at a high speed?
That would be different models. The bearings on this unit are built into the transmissions. Ignore any other information you have read on the internet and follow the information you are paying for. The information you are paying for is going to be more reliable because you're speaking with a technician that repairs these units for a living. There is a reason the other information is free.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
I replaced the drive block and yes it was very chewed up. Question I now have it the post it goes over and has notches in it that holds the drive block, those notches are chewed up. What is the part for that called so I can replace it, I wasn't finding it on appliancepartspros?
I posted this same question on appliancepartspros and the told me tire place Basket Drive and Brake Assembly
bit that appears to be inside the post that has the notches that holds the drive block?
You only need to replace the brake assembly if you check the drive block and the notches on the brake assembly are completely worn down also. Usually you just need the basket drive unless the issue has been going on for a long time. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.