Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a GE profile built in double oven and recently it heats

Customer Question
only sporadically. Like the touch...
We have a GE profile built in double oven and recently it heats only sporadically. Like the touch pad has a mind of its own.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/9/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Can you please explain the problem a bit more clearly? What do you mean by "like the touchpad has a mind of it's own", and "sporadically"? Also do you have a model number so that I can better assist you?
It does not heat all the time
Please be more clear, and I need a model number or I can not help you. What does the display do when it "does not heat all the time"? etc....
jkp56wow1ww
OK I feel like I'm pulling teeth here. If you would like an accurate answer you're going to have to give me an accurate description of the problem. What does the display do when it "does not heat all the time"? etc....
100 and does not move up and does not heat. Call me if you prefer(###) ###-####
I can call you if you like and I'll send you the option now, but it's an additional cost.
How much to talk?.
But if you can actually select "BAKE" and set the temperature but the temperature just reverts back to 100 degrees and won't rise, this means you have a problem with either a bad element or a bad relay on your control board. The fact that the issue is sporadic rules out that your element has failed which means that you just have a bad relay on the display board which isn't engaging all the time to send power to the elements like it's supposed to. The display board is like the motor board for this oven so below is a link to the display board you'd need to order and unfortunately it's about $360 for the part. CLICK HERE for display board Also the charge to speak by phone is $28 if you still wanted to do that.
Additional 28 or total of 28 since I already paid 15.
it's an additional $28 for the phone call, charges are not something I can control.
Do you guys install it?
we do not. This service here just helps you fix the problem for yourself or get the information you need to make an informed decision on whether it's worth fixing or not or what you should expect. We are technicians ourselves which is why we know how to help you fix your problem, but for instance I'm out of colorado and the repairs I do outside JustAnswer.com are not connected.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc