Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Tappen gas range with electronic (tic tic tic) igniter.

Customer Question
My GFI breaker kept tripping...
I have a Tappen gas range with electronic (tic tic tic) igniter. My GFI breaker kept tripping. Entire bank of outlets were out, so burner igniters would not work. Used matches to light burners (old School) to cook with for a few days. Finally traced all the circuits and found the issue was in the vent fan which was wired to the same plug as stove. Replaced vent fan. NOW plugs work and all my burner igniters work. EXCEPT - the oven igniter gets red and hot but seems like there is no getting to the oven. Is there some kind of reset? The stove top works fine.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/7/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, does broil work?
No I can get the igniter to glow on temps and broil (1 control knob), but seem to get no gas to ignite or even smell gas.
Do you only have one igniter in the oven? Just the one on bottom or is there one on the top as well?
Do you have an amp meter?
I have 1 igniter in the center next to just a single gas tube, also in the center. Also only 1 gas orifice since 1 tube. Sure want to make chicken enchiladas!!
I do not have an amp meter. just and old school VOM (some where in the garage.)
I have not used the oven / broiler in about 8-10 weeks. It shouldn't take any longer for the sensor to read igniter and gas should it?
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
You say that the igniter gets red hot. Is the color red, orange, or white hot?
I got it working late Sunday night thanks.
That is great. :-)