Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Advantium 120: interior light operation:light remains on when door closed…

Customer Question
GE Advantium 120: interior light...
GE Advantium 120: interior light operation:light remains on when door closed
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/7/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, when this happens it means that one of the door switches has failed or is shorted. This unit has three door switches. It's usually the bottom switch that causes this issue. You can see the switches in the link below. #1445 and #1446.
You can check each switch with a meter for the proper continuity. One of them will be bad. The microwave will need to be unplugged before you attempt to access the switches. A microwave can hold lethal voltage even unplugged. To safely work on the microwave the high voltage capacitor should be discharged. The switches are on the low voltage side but to safely work on it the cap should be discharged.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/ge-microwave-parts/model-SCA1000DBB03/0432/0123370/G3090125/00002.html
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you