Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a 5-year-old GE front-load washer model wcvh6800j1ww.

Customer Question

I have a 5-year-old GE front-load washer model wcvh6800j1ww. My home electronics, including the washer, were damaged a couple of weeks ago during a lightning storm. I bought a new OEM replacement control board and installed it yesterday. Powered up, "Door Locked". I was able to input Model "04", apparently successfully, but can't access error codes-- perhaps because all of the buttons on the right side of the panel do not seem to work (lights work, and buttons click when pressed but do nothing). Eventually, I manually unlocked the door from below. I have tried to run a cycle but only humming sounds. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
You need to replace the motor control board too. That is the board down by the motor, that is always powered up when the unit is plugged in and would also have been damaged and the most likely issue causing your problem. Here is a link to the part.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/ge-washer-parts/WH12X10400/0026/363/model-WCVH6800J1WW/0432/0153200.html
All I ask is please rate my service thanks