Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Mod # ***** ser#ki24502546 Water leaks in the freezer

Customer Question
mod # ***** ser#ki24502546...
mod # ***** ser#ki24502546 Water leaks in the freezer and freezes on the bottom. thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/7/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, this is Dave. This sounds like the drain is frozen. Is there ice at the bottom of the back panel in the freezer?
the is to big. could be the hose going to ice maker o r the hose to the water bottle or the bottle.
there is ice forming on that panel and on the bottomof the freezer it gets so thick that the water starts pouring out.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
dave how to thaw the drain. phone(###) ###-####
The only way to thaw is to turn off the refrigerator and use a hair dryer or steamer. You need to remove the back panel and warm it until you can run water through to the drain pan. Here is a link to a picture of what the new design drain tube looks like.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-Whirlpool-Refrigerator-Tube-Drain-W10619951-W10309238-OEM-/251808177713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa0efde31
There is a policy to cover this repair parts and labor for two years and parts only much longer. If it is over two years you are better of doing it yourself. Just be careful if you snap the bottom of the tube into the drain pan because it is easy to crack. Here is a video how to replace the tube. The only difference is that now the tube won't have the notch in the bottom so it fits on all size refrigerators. Let me know if you have any problems but just cleaning the rubber "duck bill" for now will work. Long term the new style tube won't clog nearly as fast.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=w10619951+how+to+install&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=A86DEA463D3A81F7AFF3A86DEA463D3A81F7AFF3
Were you able to clear the drain? Do you still need help?